Thursday 8 August 2013

Gearing up for the new season

Spring Down Under - it's less than four weeks away.  Bliss.  In preparation, I've started on some new creations for my Hot Fudge shops.

Image: Boutique Baby Photography

A few weeks back I sent off a couple of dresses to be photographed in California where it's summer and the little models wouldn't freeze to death.


What an adorable little poppet.  She looks as though she's about to burst into a chorus of On the Good Ship Lollypop.  I am currently taking orders for this dress here and here.  

Image Boutique Baby Photography
This is the other dress which Sara of Boutique Baby Photography shot for me.  The model is her own adorable daughter, Lyric.  


Again, this dress is custom made and can be yours through my Etsy and Madeit shops.


I'm astounded how quickly Lyric has grown since this first session taken in April 2011.  


With the changing season on the horizon, I was contemplating whether or not it was too early to add some Christmas designs to my shops.  A few days back I received an order from a lovely customer in Canada for this bunny garland for Easter next year, so I figured I had better get hopping (boom-boom) onto the Christmas gear before I missed the bus.



No sooner did I put these two skirts up for sale than I received a lovely message from a dear friend in Brisbane who wanted to order one for her granddaughter's first Christmas.


On top of that, she ordered this dress for the same little granddaughter's second birthday in October 2014!!  Obviously my lovely friend could never be accused of dragging the chain.


And finally here is an image of my granddaughter taken in October 2008.  Her mother was going through her wardrobe sorting out clothes that still fit her for the coming season.  She came across these Hot Fudge pants which I made for her and was astounded to discover that they still fit her, only now she wears them as shorts.  Maybe it's worthy of a Guinness Book of Records entry!

Busy times, with new fabric arriving soon and new ideas zooming around in my head.  


2 comments:

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

Gorgeous new designs Robyn!

Lucy Carroll said...

Beautiful dresses! Thanks for sharing :)