Saturday 31 August 2013

Begone Winter

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring.  I am doing a little dance of joy as I wish Winter a fond farewell. However, I am not foolish enough to fling my winter gear into the depths of my wardrobe and don warm weather clothes, but the sun is rising earlier and hanging around a little longer and the blossoms are exploding in the gardens.

I am not alone in the anticipation of Summer.  A few days back one of my dresses was featured in this delightful Etsy Treasury  by fellow Sydneysider Helen of Cooper Street Vintage.  As you can see by the lovely summery goodies displayed, we are completely over Winter.  Below are a few samples of my Spring/Summer collection.



Butterflies and Summer go hand in hand and a few days back I made this skirt in the hope it would hurry the season along a little.  No sooner did I list it in my Madeit shop than it was featured in their shopping guide under the heading Little Miss Sunshine.


Here's another version of the same skirt, with its sash which can be tied either at the front or the back and adjustable elastic at the waistband back to allow it to last longer than one season.


This little outfit is perfect for toddlers, because the top is completely reversible.


 So handy when you have those pesky ice cream spillages. 


I have to confess that blue is my favourite colour and I particularly love these shades of blue.  


I found these adorable buttons which are ideal for the back closure.  


And then there's Christmas.  I know it's crazy, but I have already had Christmas sales and even a bunny garland for next Easter!  There are more Summer goodies planned over the next few weeks and you can find all the items listed above (and many more) in my Etsy and Madeit shops.


It was Netball Grand Final day today and we Fudges, from the oldest to the youngest, were there to support our granddaughter.  It wasn't to be, but both teams were so good and they played their little eight year-old hearts out.  We were so proud of them, as were no doubt the parents of the winning team.


They practically ran to receive their runners-up trophies at the presentation.


As I looked at this image of my granddaughter and her bestie admiring their tropohies, it dawned on me that I had been wrong when I stated in my last blog post that there were no sporting genes in my makeup.  


How could I have ever forgotten?

No comments: