Thursday 11 July 2013

The Quay


Every few weeks we get together with my brother for a feast of fish 'n chips.  It's something like an elongated pub crawl, without the fun of alcohol. However, the company makes up for that.  Today we decided to give Circular Quay the benefit of our esteemed presence.


If you were able to choose a perfect winter's day, today would be the one.  Clear skies were softened by the winter sun and the air was still.


We had completely forgotten it was the last week of school holidays, which was strange because my brother is a high school teacher.  The Manly Ferry appeared to be in popular demand and who could blame them?  We haven't been there in years, so it's now down on our list of places to eat fish 'n chips.


Speaking of which, today's version had to be the worst we have had since we began our quest.  As I sit here typing, I have to block out the upper part of the screen so that my stomach doesn't revolt at the sight.  I will go further to say that it's possibly the worst meal of fish 'n chips I have ever had, half cold and oozing grease from every pore.  I don't know the name of the take-away shop which is perhaps just as well.


I only hope these two little fellows don't succumb to Chip Belly overnight, because they seemed to rather enjoy my cast-offs.


A quick vote was taken and the decision made to walk off the meal.



 There was so much to distract us.  Street art ...


... didgeridoo player with his very modern music ...


... and of course the ferries.  The jaunty older ferries are named after the First Fleet.


The more modern ones are named after Australian female athletes.  I don't know how Olympic swimmer Nicole Livingstone feels about having a vessel with such a broad beam named after her!


What a stunning day and even better, tomorrow is Friday.

1 comment:

vexilla regis said...

Well said , though you were TOO kind
on the Fish and Chips Mrs.Fudge!Reminded me of that movie.....Oh! Yes! "GREASE"- but it wasn't vile!.