Saturday 22 September 2012

Why I love Saturdays, apart from the supermarket shopping

After a week of filling in orders for dresses, Saturday couldn't come soon enough.  The Spring weather in Sydney is glorious, if a little chilly for my liking, after 21 years in sunny Queensland.    We hadn't been to the movies in such a long time, so after the supermarket shopping was stacked away, off we trotted to the local cinema.


If you haven't seen the French Canadian film Monsieur Lazhar, grab your tissues and find out where it is showing in your city.  It really is that good.

The last month has seen me virtually chained to the sewing machine, with orders coming in from my Etsy and MadeIt shops, as well as several local orders.  All it takes is a burst of sunshine for a week or so for people to realise that it's time to replenish their children's wardrobes, and I am more than happy to oblige!


This has been such a popular little dress and I have several on back order waiting for a new shipment of fabric to arrive in the next few days.  Here are some of the other dresses which have sold well over the past month:







Garlands also sold well.



With a market on the horizon, my poor Bernina will be in for some torrid sessions over the next few weeks.  Thank goodness for Saturdays.

2 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

I'll have to check out that film! You have good taste in films so a thumbs up from you means I'm sure I'd like it!

Fantastic news about all your orders! Well done Robyn! Your work is adorable so it's not the least bit surprising you're rushed off your feet right now!

Mannick...91 said...

Beautiful. I see the dress for Violette.