Thursday 19 April 2012

Confessions of an addict

I'm a bit of a hunter and gatherer.  In some circles I go under the title of Magazine Queen.  I stalk newsagents for the latest magazines (usually food related), gather them, and store them for leaner times.  It's not that I cook up a storm at the drop of a hat - I simply love to read them like a novel.  For a while they reside on the coffee table.


When the pile threatens to collapse, or if The Spouse becomes a little suspicious of the number entering the household, I push them into the nearest drawers.



Some of them eventually make their way to the bookshelves.


However, my favourite beast of prey is fabric, which I hunt and gather obsessively.  The better specimens are carefully stored on rolls.


Some make it to shelves and baskets in the closet.



The balance fight for survival in the scrap heap.


Then there are the cotton reels.


While some may think it's time to join MAFA (Magazines And Fabrics Anonymous), let me assure you that they are all part of the woven texture of my life.  OK, maybe not the magazines, but all the other things.  I turn the fabrics into quilts.


And clothing.


Image: Boutique Baby Photography
Even the scraps are put to good use.




My name is Robyn.  I am a Magafabriholic.  And proud of it.

No comments: