Monday 5 March 2012

It's Rabbit Season

Summer has slid seamlessly into Autumn, and why not?  We've already had six months of Autumn disguised as Summer, so we shouldn't notice the difference.


Easter is a few short weeks away so while I'm waiting for a new shipment of fabric, I've started on some Easter Bunny bunting to sell in my Etsy and MadeIt shops.  I don't often get carried away with my own work, but I have to admit to an Oooooo ... too cute! moment.  I'm over it now.  The bunnies stand around 6½" (after all these years, my metric measure knowledge is practically zilch), are double-sided with different fabrics and are interfaced with vilene for sturdiness.



I cut strips of pink and yellow fabric to make the bias binding, which I feel is much prettier than the store-bought variety.


I'm so grateful for this little gadget, a bias tape maker.  It's simply a matter of threading the fabric strip through and then iron it as it comes out.  I have visions of little elves working away furiously inside the gadget, turning the fabric under before it magically comes out the other end.


Hey presto, all done.  Now all I have to do is fold it over and iron again, ready to construct the garland.

Side A
Side B
Now that I have caught the Bunny bug, it's back to the sewing machine to create some more colourful creatures.

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

These are fabulous...you clever thing...not just for Easter but fab for nurseries too...and that bias tape maker I didn't know such a thing existed!

Sandrine said...

Your buntings are so cute Robyn! Can you send your little Elf I have some ironing to do that I try hard to ignore :) x