Friday 16 September 2011

Girls' Night Out

Last night my daughter and I left her three young children in the care of their father and grandfather while we headed out for a Girls' Night Out at St Ives Shopping Centre.  There was champagne and nibblies on arrival before we settled into our excellent second row seats to watch the fashion show.

I was muttering low curses that I had left my camera at home, as one of the tiny models in the children's section was an eighteen months old little boy who was carried on by one of the models.  It was obvious that the catwalk was not his choice of location.  The look he gave to the audience when the model put him down to strut his stuff was worth the price of the ticket alone.  I wonder if they have counsellors for baby models?  They have them for most situations, so one can only hope.

We had such fun at interval, doing a little shopping, sampling more champagne and delicious friands before strolling back to our seats for the rest of the parade.  The whole show was choreographed by one of the male models who starred in Dancing With The Stars.



Were we thinking of our men back home gallantly holding the fort?  Not for a nanosecond.



I received a new shipment of fabric during the week and immediately fell in love with this wild design.  It screams Seventies (I have a vague feeling that I actually wore something like this way back then) and I couldn't resist turning it into a jumpsuit.























Pity I didn't think to make it in my size instead of Size 6.  Imagine what fun it would be to have been to have worn it last night and startled the grand-kiddies.

1 comment:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'm sure I had a jumpsuit like that in the seventies too! How very fashionable of me :)

Sounds like you had a very fun night out and are settling in down there. We still miss you up there though!