Monday 23 May 2011

Ginger

When I was a little girl my mother always made us a special treat for Christmas: chocolate dipped crystallised ginger.  I've been a ginger tragic ever since.

 




















So I was really chuffed when the wall hanging I made for Melanie's curated exhibition a few weeks back took out second prize in the Small Quilts section at the Brookfield Show over the weekend.

This delightful show has the unenviable reputation of bringing in the rain.  In fact, it has been known to break droughts.  This year was no exception, but like the parson's egg, the weather was good in parts and the crowds weren't deterred by a little bit of mud.

However, it's time to do the Dance of the Sun, as this Friday evening BrisStyle will be at King George Square for their now famous Twilight Market.






















This exciting event will take place rain or shine.  Shine would be better.

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

Congrats on the deserved award for the hanging...yes i too am a ginger tragic...but...it's good for you so why not...my fav is grating some into a teapot and letting my tea brew for awhile before drinking...delicious...

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Congratulations! I'm not surprised (well a little that it didn't win first prize), it was simply stunning!