Saturday 29 January 2011

Children of the Floods

In the scheme of things, missing precious toys seem unimportant when considering all that has been lost during the recent Queensland and Victorian floods.  However, little children have been traumatised and the loss of their special toys only adds to their pain.

Lovely BrisStyle member Steph of Mon Petit Poppet has rallied to the cause and launched an appeal for soft toys to replace those lost during the floods.

I have had this adorable dinosaur pattern designed by the talented Melly and Me for some time and the pea fabric was lying in a jumble on my cutting table - the two were made for each other. 






















I have to confess that I found it VERY HARD to let him go. I'm hoping that he may find a little boy to love him, as I am sure there are many gorgeous dolls being made for little girls.  No matter, as long as he helps one little soul feel a wee bit better, that's all you can hope for.

And don't forget the BrisStyle Handmade Ark Appeal - thank you so much for your incredible generosity, but there are still many folk in dire need of your help.

No comments: