Wednesday 7 April 2010

Empty Chairs and Empty Tables

I have had a very productive morning ...








See how beautiful my threads look?   It's all been a distraction  so that I won't notice this ...


... the place where my Bernina usually lives. 

It was taken away - ripped from its traditional home.  You can see that the empty space is as broken up as I am.  The news is not good - very expensive circuit boards need replacing, as well as the usual service charges, etc.  I am waiting to hear the final quote from the technician today (is he too afraid to break the bad news?) and at best it will be around ten days before it will be ready.

The song from Les Miserables which always brought a tear to my eye seems now strangely appropriate.

There's a grief that can't be spoken,
There's a pain goes on and on.
Empty chairs at empty tables,
Now my poor Bernina's gone (apologies to the lyricist).

There are only so many things an overlocker can do, so I am reduced to tidying up the sewing room.  Eek!  The deadline I am working towards is coming ever increasingly closer.




I am suffering withdrawal symptoms - sweaty palms, nervous tic, jibbering.  I'll have to be strong and resist the temptation to knock over a sewing machine store.  Time for another cup of coffee. 

4 comments:

bubbachenille said...

I am so feeling your pain!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Oh no! It's horrible to be without your machine. My poor machine is in bad need of a service, so has been sitting here untouched because I can't bear to take her to the shop. I hope you have yours back (and cheaply!) soon!

Sandrine said...

Hope the "best possible" outcome will come your way Robyn...My machine is to go for maintenance but somehow I keep delaying is it the separation syndrome?!!Love your threads pictures too!X

Hey Harriet said...

Oh you poor thing. I hope all ends well and you have your machine back soon!