Sunday 19 July 2009

I think I can ... I think I can ...

Well, I can see the station at the end of the line and I think I'll make it before I run out of steam. I have completed the machine quilting and have attached the binding, so now all that is left is to hand-sew the binding to the back of the quilt and do the label. This has to be the smallest quilt I have ever completed for Jems Quilt Sitters Exhibition in the twelve years I have participated, but at least it will be there, even if I'm not!

I can guarantee you will be amazed at the variety of quilts that have been created from the same three blocks and I challenge you to pick out the blocks in some of the quilts - they are simply stunning.

This is the place to be next weekend:


Of course, we cannot show these quilts prior to the exhibition, so you can't see the front (although I did show a tiny bit in my last post) ...


... but here's the back.

There will be a special treat on the Sunday, with Stitched Up Jazz Band playing between 1.00 and 4.00pm. That gives you plenty of time to take in the quilts, do some serious shopping at the sales room, buy yourself some freshly made sandwiches and/or scones, spread out the blanket on the grass and listen to some great live music. Bliss!

Oh, and I just remembered. There will be a fabulous lucky door prize and one of the quilters has created the most beautiful quilt which will be raffled. How good is that?

The sales room will be selling everything from quilts to the smallest of handcrafted objects. It's a very popular venue and the wise arrive early for the pick of the crop. I will have some of my Hot Fudge clothing on sale, as well as a quilt or two.

Now that the pressure is off, I can finally cut into some of this mouth-watering fabric which has been sulking away on my cutting table, waiting for my return.

With any luck I will be starting some new skirts and dresses tomorrow, in the vain hope that they will be ready in time to sell next weekend.

And then it's chill out (literally) in Sydney - can't wait.

7 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

Well the back of your quilt looks nice so I'm sure the front view is super! Sounds like a fun day and it's a pity you'll not be there to enjoy it. But hey a trip to Sydney is exciting. You better pack extra beanies! I hear that it is actually winter there ;)

Aarrrgh! This is my third attempt at this word verification thing! It's being very tricky this evening!

Sandrine said...

Oh your quilt will be outstanding I am sure...I am always fascinated by quilts and one day I will finish mine;)But I stick to hat and felt it is safer;)Happy sewing and enjoy the chill out;)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the front view of your quilt Robyn. I'm very excited to see your beautiful creations from that adorable fabric.

Ali said...

Wow Robyn! your quilt looks beautiful!! and that's just the back of it! Very clever, indeed!
And look at all your yummy fabrics; looking forward to seeing some more Hot Fudge creations.

Leah said...

I wish that I were going too! Love your new zig zag fabric!

edward and lilly said...

I'm drooling over that big pile of fabric, and I love the quilting design, so impressed! Every time I pop in here I always wish I had time to quilt :)

Kawaii for You said...

Don't worry Robyn, I won't forget you... he he. By the way, love that stack of fabrics in the above photo. Can't wait to see what you create. Christine xo